- I have been awake for 3 hours.
- I’ve had breakfast with my daughter.
- I’ve had my first cup of coffee.
- I’ve probably dropped off, or picked up, my laundry or my dry cleaning.
- I’ve spent time with at least two of my good friends.
- I have walked 1.5 miles.
- I’m usually hungry for my second breakfast already.
If we were still sans dog, this list would look like this…
- I’ve been awake for 45 minutes.
- I’ve glimpsed my daughter in passing as I stumbled into the shower.
- I have walked .7 miles.
- I’ve incoherently purchased my breakfast and coffee on the way to the office.
I think I’m better off with the dog. Although I’m sure similar lists (say, about house cleaning or free time) might seem to slant the other way. 🙂